Jump to content
UK National Rally 15th - 17th May 2020 Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

F.W.R

locations

Recommended Posts

Morning Guys, 

Just thought I would ask where the Northwest membership live and if any of you fancied meeting up for a drink and chats, I am in Chester so pretty central.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good idea to me the North east have regular meets perhaps we could do something like that maybe organise some ride-outs in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wirral Mike said:

Sounds like a good idea to me the North east have regular meets perhaps we could do something like that maybe organise some ride-outs in the future

Thanks for that Mike, it would be good to arrange a rideout in the better weather and perhaps all meet up for a drink and chat one evening during the winter months.

Got to ask are you the Mike that I chatted with about the CX500 engine on ebay, I was going to buy those bits off Marty but just missed them, if so I am still keen to pick up an engine.

Regards Rob Randall.

Mobile 07961418593

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob, I am in Manchester I would certainly be up for a meet up, although due to family issues my time is very limited at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PeteG_CX500 said:

Hi Rob, I am in Manchester I would certainly be up for a meet up, although due to family issues my time is very limited at the moment.

 

Hi Peter,

Understand family commitments, we are about to become grandparents mid January so a big change in our lives is coming over the horizon.

Perhaps we could look at our diaries pick an evening every month say the first Tuesday, as for a location The Stretton Fox at Junction 10 on the M56 is a midway point between us and see how that works out.

I was also thinking that we could have a Whatsapp group that way one txt reaches everyone.

Would be very interested in your thoughts.

Regards Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2018 at 12:49, F.W.R said:

Thanks for that Mike, it would be good to arrange a rideout in the better weather and perhaps all meet up for a drink and chat one evening during the winter months.

Got to ask are you the Mike that I chatted with about the CX500 engine on ebay, I was going to buy those bits off Marty but just missed them, if so I am still keen to pick up an engine.

Regards Rob Randall.

Mobile 07961418593

Yes Rob I am one and the same person.

Other regions seem to be able to arrange these things there are enough of us in the north west I would have thought 

 

Edited by Wirral Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Boys, Anyone fancy a run tomorrow?

I'm thinking meeting at J&S then heading out to Sleap Airfield and then on to Ellesmere Lake.

Regards Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2019 at 09:22, F.W.R said:

Morning Boys, Anyone fancy a run tomorrow?

I'm thinking meeting at J&S then heading out to Sleap Airfield and then on to Ellesmere Lake.

Regards Rob.

Hi Rob,  happy to go on a whatsapp group. I don't go on the club website that often. Only just seen your message re the run out tues. A bit late now. My no is 07850 913806. cheers Alan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Alan, A WhatsApp group is certainly an easy and instant way of making contact with anyone who is interested in a day out, I am a member of the VMCC in the Cheshire Cats section and we use WhatsApp to keep in contact and arrange days out.

A few of my mates joined me on Tuesday and we had a good day out, great food with plenty to watch at Sleap Airfield, a tad disappointed at Ellesmere when we arrived to find the ice cream kiosk closed so we had to settle for a coffee and cake at the Lakeside cafe.

Cheers Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all i live i Chester and have just bought a gl650 needs work so will be working on it over the coming months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome to the club, now the better weather is here will have to see if we can get the North West local group together for a drink and chat one evening.

Please do post any photos of the bike others will be interested in your project.

Regards Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob,  sounds ok to me.  Just come back from a trip down the Cornish coast to lands end then followed it round Into devon a n d dorset then back through the welsh borders. Great weather and trip. CX was faultless except I think it now needs a bit of a tune up, running a bit rough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a fantastic trip, how many days was that over? do you have any other bikes or is it just the CX500?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Rob, I went last Fri and came back Thu. Cut it short as I had to get back. I also have a 1975 Honda CB550 f. U S import which won some awards with the vjmcc by the previous owner. Had them both 4 yrs. Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Knowles01 said:

hi Rob, I went last Fri and came back Thu. Cut it short as I had to get back. I also have a 1975 Honda CB550 f. U S import which won some awards with the vjmcc by the previous owner. Had them both 4 yrs. Alan

Hi Alan, Did you take the B3306 from St Ives to Lands End, a fantastic road for bikes with amazing views?

I Really like those smaller 4 cyl Hondas compact and just look right the 400/4 was always one of my favourites.

If you fancy a cuppa at J&S anytime let me know.

Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob, yes I used as many of those roads as poss. Great weather and not too busy, I believe it will be a bit crazy this week. Are you about in the week or just weekends? I Iive 2 mins from j&s so your more than welcome to come here if you wish. Tea is far cheaper. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×