• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
LAWRIE

gearshift spring

Has anyone got a  Gearshift Spring please? It is discontinued at David Silvers. Part no 24623-415-000.

Maggots and more have one or two on ebay, cheapest price is £6.95 plus post. When I find the details on the USA CX forum, I will try to buy a few new ones because they are getting harder to source. Have a look on CMSNL to see if they have restocked but I think that Silver buys parts from them as well. Hope you find one.

Andy.

Edited by Andy Geelan
insert

I'll take a look Lawrie when I get home after the weekend. 

Thanks Andy, Maggots have sold the one they had advertised.

Thanks Marty here's hoping you may find one.

Lawrie, CMSNL are out of stock of the springs at the moment but I have added it to my watchlist but I have found the guy on CX500.com.forum  fogelsuillejoe who also lists himself as joepaint on ebay. This is the guy who makes an aftermarket spring which is very good so I have sent him a message. Hopefully he will have some that he is prepared to sell, I will keep you informed as I want some as well.

Andy.

1 hour ago, Andy Geelan said:

Lawrie, CMSNL are out of stock of the springs at the moment but I have added it to my watchlist but I have found the guy on CX500.com.forum  fogelsuillejoe who also lists himself as joepaint on ebay. This is the guy who makes an aftermarket spring which is very good so I have sent him a message. Hopefully he will have some that he is prepared to sell, I will keep you informed as I want some as well.

many thanks for that Andy.

Andy.

I believe Joe is the only current source available at present for this spring. I made enquiries with him to buy one but it didn’t happen. I don’t know if me being in the U K had any bearing on this.

I have a handful here that I don't need - postage from Oz, but it's probably not too bad for something so light.

• Like 1

Thank You J.C, on behalf of the club I would be willing to purchase all that you have so please PM me to work out details.

Andy.

I have received a message from Joe on the US forum and he has a few springs in stock for $5 US dollars each plus the post. He doesn't have many so it's "first come first served" and it might be a while before these become available again so look for fogelsuillejoe if you need this spring. JC motofaction (on this page) has three springs for sale but he is in Australia and postage will be a little expensive.

Andy, did you get the impression these are NOS or perhaps he had them made?

No, he has had them made. I have had some from him before and they are good quality made in a dark colour rather than the bright Zinc finish on the Honda item. I have ordered a few springs and this leaves him with 15 springs but he won't be getting any more made and the price is fair at $5 (about £3.80) plus the air posting. This guy "Joe" literally sold hundreds of springs to US forum members and a good number of members on this site have purchased from him.

Andy. 

I dont see an issue with this (club buying some), its not a lot of money and its a vital part which can be lost or buggered up during engine work, will confer with other SM's.

Eric.

Thanks Andrew, worth keeping up our sleeve in case Andy's research is fruitless. 

The Stevenage proposal is something worth exploring. These springs are currently like finding rocking horse poo. And anyone opening up the rear cover risks stretching the existing spring making it unusable on rebuild. 

I should add that if you enjoy poking your nose into factories and seeing how things are made then they are well worth a visit.  You can go in there with a sketch or an idea or half an old spring and they will make you one or ten or a thousand.  The machinery is hypnotic to watch.