Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Ol Turbs

How a T shirt can get you recognized ( not Cx related)

Decided to take a few of my favorite T shirts on holiday with me last week  one ,our new club T shirt and two

my Fired up Garage TShirt and a couple of others..For those that don't know 

fired up Garage is a spin off from Discovery channels Gas monkey Garage for those still not in the know they are both programmes about Hot Rods and 70's American Muscle cars and occasionally motorcycles.

so how amazed was I when Richard Rawlings the star and owner walked over to me ( I didn't even see him coming) and pointed out me in my T shirt and came up for a photo moment whilst I was strolling up through Times Square in NY.

96f2308e-f3d4-4bbe-a3bb-b8b5a79f43c6.jpg

3bbebb9f-c82f-4aff-b142-ec2796f91944.jpg

Nice of him to do that !!

Eric.

What made him come over was the TShirt as there is no official US merchandise but I got the shirt off E bay uk lol .he had his crew with him and they also took pictures of us. There is His Gas monkey merchandise in the USA and I have T shirts and jackets etc but it was his face to see a fired up T Shirt been worn by the public and not one of the cast. 

Love a petrolhead T.

I have a few myself, Foose from overhaulin' is my fave.

One to tell over a few beers Lance😉

Nice one Pete I like chip foose too and Dave kindig him and foose are from they same mold. Gas monkey was great in the early days with they cars but they are very upmarket now. Fired up are more down to earth and very funny too 

I've followed GMG and Fired Up from the start too Lance .. Love those pics.. Richard seems flash but must be a good businessman and promoter.. nice of him to come up to you.. you look like mates in that pic.:).

It will always blow me away as I never saw him Tel ! He came over to me coz of that T shirt and his posse were taking photos of him and me too lol. 

He proberly wondered where I got that shirt from as there is no official merchandise for Fired up Garage and he produced the show !! Good old EBay lol