• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Marty

[FOR SALE]Bobba project ?

Bobba project ?

The club has aquired a load of parts from a garage clear out mainly GL500's and ZAB parts.  I have put together this which was clearly a project abandoned by the previous owner. Its a beefy front end put on a GL frame with fittiing made up to take this wide and flat Harley tank. As you can see the forks are much beefier than standard and brackets have been welded on the frame to take that front GJ seat. What you see in the photo is included plus we can supply lots of additional parts for a few weks to come until the lot gets sold on as a job lot and the money put into the clubs coffers. 

Obviously it would be a pick up only from North Wiltshire so any questions please feel free to ask.

Marty 

• Advertiser
    Marty
  • Date
    07/10/18
  • Price
    £150.00
  • Category

• Like 1

Sorry chaps. I thought it was but you sniffer dogs are too good for me. Anyway, there's been little ( for "little" - "no " ) interest in the spares I've got stacked up in my garage so Maggots and More will get the benefit. 

P.s.  except Graham 

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Sorry chaps. I thought it was but you sniffer dogs are too good for me. Anyway, there's been little ( for "little" - "no " ) interest in the spares I've got stacked up in my garage so Maggots and More will get the benefit. 

P.s.  except Graham 

I don't suppose you have a black reverse comstar front wheel amongst all those parts?

Hi Marty does this have a v5?

Not a V5 Pete but that reg nos goes with it. Plus as I said, anyoone interested gets to pick over piles of bits and bobs to add to it. These extras would be at preferentiial prices ( ask Andy Geelan !)

Let me know if you want more detailed pics.

Tempted but dont think I have the room🤔 is the frame and swingarm solid and the fork surface good?

Oooooooh you're killing me here, shall I? Shant I? I will have to get rid of my GS probably....

Need to make room..... what do I keep? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Graham, I'll try and see if we've got that wheel you're after. Getting ready for Stafford so my heads elsewhere at the moment. If I forget please remind me. 

I did pop down to sunny Wiltshire to peruse the goods and came away with one or two inconsequential items that nobody here would be remotely interested in, so I won't bother you with the boring details.

The frame of this project is a 1980 CX500 Custom frame that looks like its a USA import and the number plate is on DVLA suggesting that its similar if not the very one from the bike, only by obtaining the V5 would you be able to match frame and number plate together but it looks likely that it is. Only the back of the frame looks to have any work done to accommodate the single seat and all that needs is a little tidy up. Swing arm is good, no rust and needs paint. Forks are beefy and in good nick- The yolk stem has been fashioned to fit the CX frame but the lock stop needs finishing(easy fix) and the top/bottom yolks are good beefy looking things with chunky forks with good chrome and don't look to be leaking. Front wheel is a fairly wide 17 inch possibly Honda wheel in good condition with good disks (Front end may be a VFR 750). I didn't look at the engine but its a complete 5OO GL engine which would fit but being a TI version need suitable wiring.The harley tank also looks super cool. There are tons and tons of engine parts, brake parts, body parts and wiring that arrived on this haul which Marty has not had time to sift through so the potential buyer may finds most of what he/she needs in the boxes. I think that this could be a very nice "one off" special if the right buyer came along and it doesn't need much fabrication.

The GL500 project is also worthy of a look as the number plate seems to match the parts that is present(Black body parts) but you would need to obtain the V5 to match numbers. Also in the boxes are the majority of the parts to progress the project but they need sifting out and again could be a very viable project.

Marty has obtained all of these parts so that our members can purchase them for our own projects and any funds raised will go back into the club for the future, he has done this in his own time and expense so now is the time to contact Marty (after Stafford show weekend) and see if there's anything that you need-He has not done this for profit. Most of the engine parts are for 500's and bodywork is mainly for the GL models but there are bits in boxes which have not been identified so if you need; Ask. 

Finding hauls of these parts do not come up very often so it's nice to see them being offered within our community, it's a good reason to be in the CX-GL MCC so lets see if we can give them a good home.

Andy.

Edited by Andy Geelan
grammar

I'm having the bobber project, hopefully collect next weekend, game on.

A new build diary coming up😁

Very well done to Marty for organizing this.....