• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
ericry

New roller door lock !

Installed this lock on my roller garage door - very strong - seems it will stop door being lifted up (locked into spud into 4 inches of concrete floor) but also resist someone kicking the door to bend in inwards (lock rod is approx 25mm diameter and place is quarter inch steel). The door has as standard a lock on either side of the door about 2 foot off the ground - so with 3 locks its fairly well secured - only final thing I could do is have a strong angle iron right across the whole door on the inside to prevent a thief trying to pry the door off its rails at one of the sides - but if they really want to get in that much then then will just break a window !!

PS. Timber on inside of door lock is just to support the corrugated shape of the door as I tightened the bolts, I didnt want the door to deform and get crushed between the steel places as I tightened the 4 x 10mm bolts !!

garage lock outside.jpg

garage lock inside.jpg

Lock spud 1.jpg

Lock spud 3.jpg

Lock spud 2.jpg

Forgive me if I ask a stupid question but is the lock on the outside of the door? If so could the 4 nuts be undone?

46 minutes ago, PB said:

Forgive me if I ask a stupid question but is the lock on the outside of the door? If so could the 4 nuts be undone?

I saw that too Pete !! Have you realized that those nuts could be undone Eric  if they are on the outside and then their in ? Ps what you got in there mate the. Crown Jewels 😊😳