Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

gunna trev

gl throttle cables

been trying to get throttle cables for the gl650 but no joy nobody lists them so had a look at cms web site and they have the same numbers has the 500 apart from one says me2 gl650 and the other ma1 gl500 there seems to be loads of after market cables for the 500 but none for the 650 so i have ordered some 500 ones so lets see if they are the same.

i think a we could do with a section on the site that lists parts that are interchangeable between models

I think I might have seen that info on the internet somewhere Trev.......

As regards cables I suggested a good while back that we keep details of the various original cable lengths for the various models....

inner length

outer length

any fittings or adjusters (on either end)

nipple types on both ends

This would give people the info the need if they for example change handlebars and want a longer cable that might fit etc.

Eric.

i had a word with venhills and they said if i send them a sample they could make them but they wanted £44+vat+del has the 500 ones i ordered off ebay were £25 free del just hoping i am right about the part number

just to confirm the gl500 after market cables i bought do fit the gl650 in fact they are about a inch longer than the honda cables which confirms what i thought that the only difference is the model id in the middle ie ma1 gl500 and me2 gl650 i searched the net for days looking for 650 cables to no avail

after market cables on ebay they are pull push £25 the pair inc postage

Trev, not long ago I worked in a bicycle shop (electric) I we had all the kit for making our own cables. You might think about that route if you know of such a place near to home?

Not a bad idea Marty.

Would probably be ok for throttle cables etc but for like a clutch cable there is a very strong pull on them and the cable needed would be a bit thicker etc.

Eric.