• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
BIG AL

Reluctant sale...

I’ve reluctantly decided that I’m going to sell one of my CX’s, and it’s going to be the 650 Custom. I’ve had it since 2011 and I’m finding it hard to use both bikes (or even one) as I have very limited time available (I won’t say how many miles between MOT’s but it’s embarrassingly low. As the 500B is my favourite (and for me, the most comfortable to ride), the 650 must go. I’m only listing this within the club now and will review my options depending on interest.

Details:-

CX650 Custom, American spec – on a Y plate (1983), first registered in UK, Nov 1997.

7127 miles on the clock. Pretty sure that isn’t correct, but It’s what will go on the V5C. I think I’ve only done about 2800 miles on it since I’ve had it!

Was originally red, professionally re-painted Obsidian Black metallic (it’s a standard Mercedes colour). V5C has been updated to suit.

Taxed in April 2018.

MOT done 25/04/18 (no advisories). It's not been out since...

Optimate charging lead and new Gel battery fitted.

Seat professionally recovered.

Carbon fibre (lookalike) mini indicators fitted.

Fiamm horn (originals fitted but not working, one is possibly OK).

Tyres were new just before I had it; they are to the original American spec and size. Still plenty of tread

Custom made stainless steel downpipes.

Crashbars fitted

Jama silencers (one has a small scuff on the rear rim down to an incident involving a Bongo hitch…)

New Honda choke cable fitted.

New stator fitted plus mechanical seal. Honda gasket on rear case. Camchain was also bought but not needed so will include.

Fitted with a Vista Cruise throttle lock.

The bad bits: -

Speedo is reading about 10% HIGH of true speed (checked out by GPS unit). Went through all the previous MOT’s with this fault, no problem.

Bulb failure light is permanently on due to me replacing all the clock lights with LED ones. Probably a simple fix for someone more knowledgeable.

I have the rear “toolbox”, but sadly no lid. A custom made wooden infill keeps the back of the seat tidy but it does also have the genuine Honda mini-rack fitted.

Radiator fan switch failed and the replacement I sourced didn’t seem to work, so have installed an override switch below RH side of tank.

The LH collector box cover is painted rather than plated.

The original headlight was changed to a LH dip one, it's not a great fit in the housing but works well and doesn't dazzle others.

Some spares: -

I have a complete matching lock set with keys (ignition/tank cap/helmet lock). Bike currently has two keys; one for ignition, one for tank.

I have a pair of horns, again one is possibly not working.

A brand new Camchain

A small bikini fairing (not currently fitted)

2 pairs of the original Showa VHB rear shocks (offset lower mounts) which have been stripped but not refurbished

I have the original down-pipes (a bit tatty)

Proper Honda manual on a CD, plus a hard copy laboriously printed and bound.

It’s currently insured for £1800 with Peter James on an agreed value policy. I’ll be looking at offers over £1400 for it.

If anyone is seriously interested, please PM me. Photos available on request.

Alan