• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
Ol Turbs

Final MOT on my Z

Today was the last time legally that I need to have n MOT on my cx500z. My bike came of the production line in September 1977 but some how the DVLA registered it from December 1978.

With a bit of fiddling with the front brake micro switch and a squirt of WD40 all was ready for the tester and again she went through with flying colors and after nearly 20yrs of owning this one I'm very proud off the Bike and the miles I have done on it,so thank you Mr Soichiro Honda and your Early Design Team.

Congratulations Lance .. Isn't that the German frame you built up all those years ago , if so that's probably the reason for registration discrepancy .. mine is 1st May '78 so wont need Mot from now too . I think its ok for bike owners like us who check them over regularly , not sure its a good thing for classic bike owners with no mechanical knowledge .. Cars are another thing , harder to keep an eye on everything , DVLA might need to rethink it in coming years .

Hi Tel hope your well mate and enjoyed Romney sands

The z is the frame I built up from the American import that went from USAF Woodbridge to Iowa and then imported back by DS to The U.K.and as you may remember had the fairing on initially that I sold to.....doh senior moment it was all black then I had it professionally resprayed to original Honda Blue ( I would put a picture of it on here if I could .....roll on the new website.

Nice to hear from you mate and I did hope I would see you at the Devon rally on your new wheels

Yes i remember it now Lance , that was the Vetter windjammer fairing i fitted on my US import custom i had then ... that was over 15 years ago mate... Mario had it off me and fitted it to his Custom... I was hoping to make the National and the Devon rally . .. but never mind maybe another meet up b efore end of season.. Im down in New Romney quite a lot so hopefully get a cuppa or something stronger in sometime. Cheers Tel

Yes i remember it now Lance , that was the Vetter windjammer fairing i fitted on my US import custom i had then ... that was over 15 years ago mate... Mario had it off me and fitted it to his Custom... I was hoping to make the National and the Devon rally . .. but never mind maybe another meet up b efore end of season.. Im down in New Romney quite a lot so hopefully get a cuppa or something stronger in sometime. Cheers Tel

If you fancy a meet up next time just give us a shout Tel

Be nice to see you again mate

I think I will be getting mine MOTd as a matter of course even after its 40th, but am looking forward to free tax, which will save me around £200 a year

Don't worry Pete, they'll find ways to get that back off you.......