Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Hi Guys, Firstly a big Thank You to everyone for the Burnley Rally really enjoyed it. I think I may have mentioned a couple of times during the weekend that I was going from the rally North to tour sunny Scotland. Well apart from falling off at the start I managed to complete the trip 12 days and approx 1850 miles. (Which is more miles than the bike has done in the last 20 years) I say approx as the Speedo packed up on the Isle of Arran. Apart from that the bike never missed a beat. The weather was fantastic and the Scottish Highlands were superb. It would have taken a few days less except for the amount of people stopping with the usual I used to have one of these etc. Anyway just thought I would let you know it was a success and it really was great to meet so many of you at Burnley . And if you haven't done the North Coast 500 you need to get out there, it really is superb. Ride Safe Alan.

Well-done Alan - you certainly got the best weather we've had in a while. I can second the NC500, and indeed Arran ("Scotland in Miniature"). If I'd known you were around, perhaps we could have got you to our wee meet last Sunday.

A round trip of Scotland eh - did you need to get visas?

I lived in Glasgow ish in 72 but I don't remember much - I was very very very drunk for much of it...……..

Ride safe

Richard

Watch your step in Ireland, you may come back all satin black

Well done Alan - now you need to come to Ireland and do the Wild Atlantic Way !

https://www.wildatlanticway.com/home" target="_blank

Eric.

Thanks Eric, this looks really great. I take it the weather is always like this? Only problem is my wife has threatened all kinds on me if I go to Ireland without her. Her great grandparents were from Cork and Waterford so looks like a trip over in the car first.

Doing the WAW South in July. Dublin to Galway and turn left.........................

Plenty to see but weather not guaranteed !!

Eric.

Well done Alan that's sounds like one heck of a ride and great scenery too. If you need a replacement speedo give Mike a call at maggots an more on 0151 538 5353 I only spoke to him about spare a short while ago he is a club member too

Hi lance, went to see Mike when I got back as he lives nearby ish. Fitted the clock and didnt work. I knew it did because mike tested it. No one told me that when you put the drill on the cable it Must be in reverse. The fault was the cog gear inside the front wheel bearing. Back to Mike and he fixed it and replaced the seals at the same time. So lucky to have him nearby.

Nice one Alan ,glad to hear you got it all sorted mate.mike is a great assit to the club he helped me out with a speedo for my Z too. Hope to meet up with you at next years National.

Best regards

Nice one Alan, nearly 2k and including the NC500, spaced over several days, sounds brilliant.