• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
Chilliphil

CX500A for sale

Sadly I'm having to think about selling my CX500A; on the one hand I wouldn't mind having a nice summer riding season and look to sell in the autumn but a willing buyer might want a nice summer's riding as well! So here it is.

It's a 1981 registered CX500A, MOTed until September, with 51k on the clock and I use it regularly. It had been off the road for several years when I bought it in 2014 but it started with little trouble. In its first year I replaced battery, tyres, front and rear brake pads and shoes. Fitted braided brake lines, had petrol tank powder coated. In year two (2015) I did a full triple bypass; rewound stator, new mechanical seal and timing chain guides – new timing and oil chains too – all new gaskets and oil seals on rebuild. MOTed until September 2018. Starts first pop every time and ready to go out and ride, but there's stuff to do if you want to tart it up. It's fitted with a half fairing but I also have a “standard” nacelle screen wired and ready to fit if wanted. Two into one Motad exhaust in good condition. Also a load of bits and pieces from two other CX engines. I'm happy to answer any questions and provide pics of anything you want. It goes without saying you are welcome to come and have a look at the bike. I'll even make you a cuppa! I'm asking £1200 but open to sensible offers - please don't waste time with silliness .... I'm in Solihull, West Midlands. Forum rules are to contact me by pm for sales enquiries but general questions can be made here, I guess. Ask anything, please, and I'm happy to send pictures of any part of the bike you want. I've also got various tools and gear available as part of the sale if of interest.

It's pouring rain today so I can't take any pictures but I will put some up asap.