• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

mkCX

Scottish Meet

Anyone fancy another Scottish meet?

26th/27th May or 2nd/3rd June would suit me (my only two available weekends off). Somewhere with some twisty roads would be nice, maybe up towards Tyndrum or similar, or even down at St Mary's Loch near Selkirk?

Alternatively the Scottish Classic Motorcycle Show is on in Ayr on 30th June.

I could be interested.

Although I've done too many rallies through Tyndrum this year.

victor

I'll travel anywhere, just be nice to have some twisty bits on the way. The cafe at St Mary's Loch is ok with plenty parking space.

I'm up for either of those! The only date I am free is 27th May, but as I am without a running CX, feel free to pick a different date if it suits most.

Sorry for delayed reply - ten days in Germany on NTV650

I'm probably not the best person to organise it by virtue of my lack of contacts/Facebook account but 27th sounds good to me if someone else doesn't mind spreading the word

Hi Mark!

I also don't gave Facebook (I'm too cool for that apparently: I have instagram, and I write postcards). Let's wait 3 or 4 days to see if Oban1 keen, in which case Tyndrum is good. Otherwise, I guess you, me, Victor, or A.N.Other picks a location! (I am a fan of Drumlanrig Cafe in Thornhill, but happy for new places, St Mary's Loch gd also).

I can dig up old enail addresses and bother folk, will do next week in case we get more traffic and a steer here.

P.S. We are going Peebles Autojumble, Sunday 6th May. There about 11, if u fancy. Wee classic show too.

Sunday 27th is good for me. Borders area would be nice.

victor

I'm taking the crossrunner up to Aberlour this weekend I'm afraid - Speyside whisky festival.

Cool sounds like 27th is a good plan then. Any location suits me really as long as there's some bends on the way!

Did they ever rebuild " The Spittal of Glenshee" venue.

We had a few excellent rallys there.

It was still a burned out ruin the last time I went past which was about 8 months ago, real shame we had some good times .

Ok folks, no reply from Oban, so here are further thoughts:

On 27th, the Speedway museum in Loanhead nr Edinburgh is open (I had never HEARD OF IT TILL SUN).

The Bus Museum north of Dunfermline is open, I think something like 12-5. I have never npbeen, might be good to support.

We always enjoy the Drumlanrig Cafe, Thirnhill, about 15 miles north of Dumfries but lots of wee roads to get to it and feels middle of nowhere.

I am also good with St Mary's, v popular with bikes. Or insdeed anywhere! Am away next couple days, but once we have time/date, I will email exmembers etc.

*** edit: crathes vintage car and bike show is on that day, near Banchory. Another option? ***

Cheers!

B

My preference would be either Thornhill or St Mary's, both Re a decent ride for me. Anything Edinburgh way means it's just a motorway or straight road jaunt which doesn't appeal. I could work the Banchory option too as the A93 is a decent ride.

Well, let's say St Mary's, and I will email folk on Sun when I get a chance.

What time suits you Mark? You have a way to travel.

Well, let's say St Mary's, and I will email folk on Sun when I get a chance

What time suits you Mark? You have a way to travel.

Any time, it's a regular route for me anyway.

OK FOLKS

GLEN CAFE, ST MARY'S LOCH A708 I think! MEET FROM NOON, SUNDAY 27th May!

Come on any bike, car, vsn, cycle, or hitch!

I will email folk. Cheers Mark, see you there!

My mobile 07751 631066

OK, by email we have a few replies already.

attending:

Paul The Baker (about 1pm)

MJA (JohnnyAlpha) - Darkside K75 or FJ1200?

Robert Burns

and "interested":

Ken Russell - Deauville

We also got apologies from our glorious leader Darryl who is doing Vanlife stuff somewhere.

So far, I think MARK is the only CX attending, if so he shouldn't be buying his own cuppas.

Fingers crossed for the weather...

Can someone stick this on the Facebook groups too? I no longer have an account unfortunately.

Just as an aside the Classic Motorcycle Show in Ayr is taking place on 30th June. I'll probably be taking the CX along to that as well.

Good news! lawrie CAN now come!

Kenneth (GL650Dude in Glasgow) says hi, can't come. So it's:

attending:

Paul The Baker (about 1pm)

MJA (JohnnyAlpha) - Darkside K75 or FJ1200?

Robert Burns

Mark (on his grandad's CX)

Colin P

Brendan

Lawrie (furthest travelled award again!)

and "interested":

Ken Russell - Deauville

Others welcome...

And with this weather, it could be very busy this weekend, suspect lots of nutters about, so ca' canny guys!

As my wife says (nicking it from Bradley Walsh)- get back safe, we need you in the final Chase!

Lovely day out! Lawrie now describes hinself as the colour of "gammon" and I am feeling a little fried. Beautiful weather and great company. TWO CXs too! Smashing round trip including me doing the same 27 miles of the A701 THREE times, after a misunderstanding led me to go back looking for MJA, who had stuck to the plan and turned OFF the A701 to Biggar in search of petrol.

Final count:

Mark and Katrina Grandad's CX500 ZAB (sorry, I never know which)

MJA K75

Victor/Colin K75

Lawrie Wing GL650

Paul BMW GS1200

Bren XBR500

Robert, I hope you got your scoot fixed, and Ken, I hope you did sonething lovely today (ie disntbreak down on the way to us).

Photos already on fb I am told, maybe we will get some here too.

Mark is attending Ayr Classic Show, 30th June, great event in the past but I can't go this year. Maybe others will?

Well done lads - hows the k75 going Colin ?

Eric.

It's going very well Eric. Jonny is going to help me put it on facebook for sale soon. MOTed and taxed at £650

victor

A great trip to St Mary's Loch, thanks to Mark and Brendan for setting it up. Just a shame that you get the "Nutters" out giving Biking a bad name.

I had a great ride home on Monday taking the Scenic route over Glenshee and down into Braemar then Ballater. The Glenshee Lodge is still a

burned out wreck surrounded by security fencing, so I don't see us having a Scottish Rally there in the near future.