Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

PB

One for the brave

I think it would be best to keep it as a Garden Feature, some advice from Monty Don might be helpful.

Howard, even by your high standards, this would be an extreme challenge.

Hi All

Bring it on you would all be surprised how much can be saved with a lot of time and determination to bring things back to usable state . But I do admit there are a lot of the large / main parts that are going to have to be replaced with new ones . I think about a grand would see it running again

Now there's a project for you Howard, your the man who could put like back into that machine

Having said that, it looks like there's already quite a bit of life in it, but weed killer would sort that

I've got a bit of tank seal left in the shed if it would help

Hi All

That is just up my street (By the way how much and where is it )

It's in Kilwinning and he wants £50 for it.

found the ad on FB, THE BIKE BAY page

Its surprising what you could salvage from that; rocker covers cleaned and polished would fetch a couple of bob, engine bars sent to Eric to be Satin Blacked, wheels tidied up. As for a restoration project; Howard is the only person I know that would attempt that, hence his username ‘Mad Max’

Hi All

You would need to be mad to take that on and what you would need spend on it would buy you a half decent bike without the hard work

Hi All

You would need to be mad to take that on and what you would need spend on it would buy you a half decent bike without the hard work

Could be something in that!! look at Howard's user name

Not too bad really, about an hour of T Cut should sort it.

Alternatively, give me 10 minutes with an angle grinder and I will turn into an abortion, also known as a 'Café racer'

Better still, cover it in horse**it and call it a RAT.............

Oh spare me etc

Ride safe

Richard

PS My Mum is 91 today

Not too bad really, about an hour of T Cut should sort it.

PS My Mum is 91 today

Are you saying that bike reminds you of your Mum? Let's hope she never goes on this forum or you're toast!

Seeing as thats a eurosport model it'd be worth spending money on it to get it up and going...best models !!

Eric.

Happy birthday Richards Mum. Hope she's well and that you treated her as she undoubtedly deserves.

No debate Lance......how could anyone argue against anti-dive forks, mono-shock, rear disk brake and beautiful 1980's styling ??? I rest my case. QED.

Eric.

well i cant argue that Eric i had the cx650 euro sport and it was a lovely bike but i had to sell it when my circumstances changed ,its still in the club as far as i know Mark (irideforlife) bought it.But i am a die hard Cx500z fan and of all my bikes, that i now own i will never sell it

I just like the styling and colours of the euros more than the other models - hence bought one - bought a 650 (custom) to get the 650cc experience which is more fun than a 500cc but dont like the custom/sit up on yer tailbone seating position......so will have to "alter" I think !!

Eric.