Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Hi,

Looking for a little advice please. I have stripped down my CX500-B, and am about to start looking at the front forks.

This is a picture from the Haynes manual indicating that I should have this Air Balance Pipe. I don't and the CMSL diagram which are bike specific doesn't show it. Does anyone know anything about these balance pipes and on what models they are fitted please.

frontforks.jpg

Hi Peter , The balance pipe is part of the pneumatic damping fitted on the USA versions of the CX500 Custom , also on the GL500 and GL650 Silverwing . As far as I know the UK spec CX500 zab models didn't feature these forks , Cheers Tel

Hi,

Looking for a little advice please. I have stripped down my CX500-B, and am about to start looking at the front forks.

This is a picture from the Haynes manual indicating that I should have this Air Balance Pipe. I don't and the CMSL diagram which are bike specific doesn't show it. Does anyone know anything about these balance pipes and on what models they are fitted please.

frontforks.jpg

Hayes manual say 78 79 80 bikes did not have them 81 on did. no mention of us or uk spec so its likly yours are from an early bike check out fig 5.1 page143

In addition to other comments, II seem to remember balance pipes being advertised as an add-on for bikes generally, when everyone was getting excited about air suspension.

Hoever, it's another coupke of places for air to leak out of too! Euro 500 doesn't have them.

Mine was registered in 1981, and the date of first registration and UK registration are the same. All evidence seems to point to the bike being a CX500-B. Maybe the forks were replaced at some point, but I would like to rebuild the bike to factory spec, so if it should have the balance pipe I would like to fit it. What I am trying to find out is if the "B" should have them as standard. Usually the CMSL website will only show parts for the selected bike when looking at diagrams and parts lists. That doesn't show balance pipe for mine.

Does anyone have a CX500-B with the balance pipe?

I don't remember seeing a B with air assisted forks or balance pipe, I'd say you have the right forks on

I don't remember seeing a B with air assisted forks or balance pipe, I'd say you have the right forks on

There you go hayes book of lies got it wrong again