• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

PB

WTF is this?

Hi All

A lot of work done on that project but its just soooooooo wrong and dangerous . The shaft drive / universal joint looks to me to be under too much mechanical movement / stress and the handle bars look to me to be a source of vibration and I would bet you can easily get a tank slapper on if not ridden with care , the lights do not look right to me and you may struggle to get an MOT in the U.K. . I have to say in my humble opinion to the builder IT HAS to be one of the worse CX customs builds I have seen, and its such a shame because the amount of work carried out and effort is not reflected by the end result . On the other hand is the builder ahead of his time .

The second picture looks more normal. All the others it looks like the axle stand is elevating the sump and the suspension has effectively dropped. Wonder where the side stand is as this would potentially make it more normal.

Also, that swing arm looks so flimsy especially at that length. You'd need to be Gulliver to get on it as well. Respect for "pushing the envelpe" but probably pushedit too far on this occassion. ?

I wouldn’t fancy my fat arse on that seat, it would probably snap. If Howard says its crap, then its crap.

I think he's cocked with the tape measure there and not left enough room for the rear shocker

Or maybe he's very tall

Putting that much cantilevered load onto a standard swing arm (one of the parts most likely to have rusted internally) at that angle...

I like the CX500Z/A/B because it's tall and even raised the seat slightly on mine, but that's pushing it too far!

Alan

Words almost fail - what a pot mess ...................

However comma, there might just be someone out there daft enough to buy it - takes all sorts etc

Ride safe

Richard