• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

CXDeluxeGav

2018 North Devon Rally

Hi All,

As its that time of year when people are thinking of booking holidays to escape the cold and wet - I thought I would advertise the 2018 North Devon Rally.

The dates will be Friday 8th to Sunday 10th of June.

As ever though we are often there most of the week before some come early if that suits you.

I will update with info as I sort things out.

As ever we will try and keep costs to as low as possible.

Please let me know if you are keen as I can get an idea of numbers.

Look forward to seeing all of you over the coming year!

Gav, I intend being there but as last year - I had only just got back from an oversees bike run and my cauliflower ear wouldnt allow me to get my helmet on again so soon after its last belting.

I will try my hardest mate and well done on hosting this again for us.

Regards

Ideal - good to hear you guys are coming

Marty - sorry to hear about that - if you can't come with your bike jump in the car or the train/helicopter/plane/boat. We all arrive via many different forms of transport and there are usually a plenty of cars to take people around who haven't come on their bikes

Health permitting Me n Jo are hoping to come this year but on the Goldwing as I don't think we could do the distance on our trusty z

well Gav were Defiantly coming now and we have Booked in at a great Biker friendly B&B the night before and the sunday night after the rally as we are going to make a holiday of it.

Nice one Lance, see you there

Hi Gav ,Tim as in Tim again 1 will also be coming I spoke to him today and he says he enjoyed the last one here so please count him in too.

And Pete PB looking forward to seeing you again it’s been a very long time since I first met you.

Pete PB looking forward to seeing you again it’s been a very long time since I first met you.

I think it was 2007 Kent National last time we met!! Too long

Well remembered Pete,it was one of my first rally's after all my operations and I met Delboy for the first time after his surgery.

It was hosted by Gerry (sponge bob) at the West Malling research centre. It was a great meet up I have many memories of it. :

Hello!

Sorry for the slow reply, been on holiday etc - its a hard life I know....

Thats awesome news thanks Lance. As Lance has mentioned he is staying in a nearby B&B before and after the Rally - I know that there are a few members who would come along but find it hard to sleep in a tent - I was wondering if its worth speaking to some places to see if we could get a deal on something like a B&B so they only have the Bed part? The Sawmills also have some accommodation although its being refurbished and I think there are some less tent like things offered at the nearby camps sites......

only a thought

Anyway I look forward to seeing you all soon

I will pencil this in and intend to attend.

I do like west Country beer

DC

I've Mentioned this B&B to Gav, Its a five minute ride from The Rally site in the town of Coombe Martin.

http://www.channelvista.co.uk/ its Run by a Biker friendly team whom have a garage on site that they are happy to put the bikes in overnight, They also said that they would offer a small discount on the rally weekend( please mention the club or myself).It looks like a nice place and the price includes Breakfast, Tim and Me and my Missus have already booked in for the night before the rally so we are rested up for the weekend.

Regards Lance

South East Rep.

Hi All apologies for the silence.

Just to let you know it's looking like we should be able to have our meals at the Sawmills again this year! Just negotiating over pricing and menus.

Will keep you up to date. Doing my best to keep the prices as low as ever. Hope you are all well

PS if you dont fancy camping they also have some rooms available which have been recently refurbished - possibly we could get a deal on these (£80 per night B&B is the normal price)

Thanks Gav, that makes two local B&B's available to us - I notice the Combe Martin one has secure parking as well.

Thanks Gav, that makes two local B&B's available to us - I notice the Combe Martin one has secure parking as well.
That’s the one that me , jo and Tim are staying at the night before Marty but we will Be tenting it at the rally

Hi Gav.....put me down for the rally.....will contact Lloyd with the date so he can add his name.....his girlfriend Mandy is over from Maine at the moment so won't get much sense out of him.Perhaps she can arrange to be over here for the rally....

Syd.

Yeah its always good to have plenty of options

Syd - great news, would be good if he Mandy could make it too.

Hopefully soon to have finalised prices for the weekend at which point we can start getting places booked.

Thanks,

Gavin

Hi All,

After much to-ing and fro-ing we have all the prices for the 2018 instalment. Sadly prices have increase a lot on previous years but everything seems to go up. Hopefully it will still be cost effective. This years breakdown:

Camping £6 per night = £12

Breakfast £5 x2 = £10

Saturday Evening Meal £10

Contribution toward Tea tent etc = £1

Total = £33 Per person

As usual we will provide all the tea and biscuits a person could need and also a meal together on the Friday night in the cost. This will be most likely be a buffet type selection of foods which we can hopefully have together in the sunshine Or in the tea tent.

As in past years please can you let me know and pay either a deposit of £10 or the balance ASAP. Either paypal (sending money to friend to avoid fees) or bank transfer or a cheque - in order of preference. (paypal link paypal.me/grpearson to my account).

Thanks Gav, hoping to make this one but only 1 night camping as I will leave home early Saturday morning, hope to arrive there before you all bugger orft on the rideout without me

Hi Gav,

As Lance has already noted, I will be attending the rally and will be there for Fri to Sunday. So I owe you £33. Can pay via PayPal, but not sure how to start that off?

Tim

Had a word with Lloyd last weekend ...he is coming.....will remind him to inform you if Mandy is coming....

I normally pay with PayPal......so another don't know how person...

No hope for some old gits .

Syd.

Hi Gav, I'll be there for the duration. Money on its way.

Marty.