Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

TOMDALZIEL

Brake light not working properly

My brake light has a fault. It works fine with the foot brake but squeezing the hand brake often results in the light coming only only briefly then going off. Repeated squeezing sometimes results in the light coming on and staying on - but not always! Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Tom.

My brake light has a fault. It works fine with the foot brake but squeezing the hand brake often results in the light coming only only briefly then going off. Repeated squeezing sometimes results in the light coming on and staying on - but not always! Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Tom.

There is a little swith under the front brake lever try spraying with wd40 if no luck renew it you cant miss it it will have 2 wires connected to it

It is possible to take the micro switch apart and clean it up and as the boys say a good use of WD40. The reason for trying to fix the original is they fit better in the recess than the new ones do and work better in my experience.

You can take out the switch (think a screw from the underside holds it in) and bring to your local bike shop and buy a replacement - usually can get a decent copy and they are only a quid or 2.

Make sure your spade connectors to this switch are tight and maybe pull them off and clean them.

Eric.

Thanks guys: I was able to remove the switch, dismantle and clean it before reassembling and refitting. Added plenty of WD40 and all seems now to be working.

It is also possible to get hydraulically-operated switches as an upgrade, they fit direct into the brake line, eg as banjo bolt at top end. Quite a nice solution, anything from £3 on eBay up to £22 for Goidridge ones:

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=392&g=243429&p=41307&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Brake%20Accessories&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqazRsMDO2AIV7LDtCh1O5QPjEAQYASABEgItffD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not that I have ever had any of these on my bikes!! Still, may be useful one day