• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

John Mac

Bristol Bike show 3-5 Feb 2018

Hi All

I’ve accepted an invitation to have a club stand at the Bristol Bike Show February 3-4, 2018 Bath & West Showground, BA4 6QN near Shepton Mallet

Could you please indicate on this thread if you wish to exhibit your bike? I haven’t been given a cut-off date yet but last year it was 22 November.

http://www.classicbikeshows.com/event/carole-nash-bristol-classic-motorcycle-show/" target="_blank" target="_blank

Cheers John mac

Edited by Guest

Yes please John. However, if there are more than we can accommodate its time for me to let someone else have a go.

M

Put me down for a spot please John

Where on the link do I let them know I want to exhibit my bike, I cant see anything about it

Where on the link do I let them know I want to exhibit my bike, I cant see anything about it

Hi Pete sorry for the confusion but the link that I included is only to give members an idea of what’s on at the show

To exhibit your bike all that is required is for you to post the following information on this thread:

Exhibiters full name or how you would prefer it to appear in the show programme

Model of bike and engine capacity

I will be submitting the information and the request for vehicle passes/wristbands around the third week in November.

Come on guys we need more enthusiasm for this show as it would be a pity to lose our slot.

Cheers John Mac

Hi all I only received the programme detail form on Friday requesting that it should be submitted by tomorrow It appears that the lad who deals with the Classic bike shows at Morton’s only returned to work last Monday after an absence and he’s been frantically catching up on outstanding work.

Apologies for not posting this over the weekend but I had other matters to deal with. Could anyone interested in displaying their bike in addition to those who’ve already committed please enter your details on this thread?

Hi All

I received the passes & wristbands on Friday. I’ll get them in the post sometime this week.

Dave French

Marty

PB

Mike Frost

Travellingman

John Mac (no bike)

Irideforlife (possible)

Monty

DC

As we found at Stafford in October having fewer bikes improved the stand as the punters could get a better view of the machines.

Ride safe John Mac

Thanks John, looking forward to it, hope its not too cold to be kipping in the car!

I wont be able to get there until early Saturday so at least it will only be 1 chilly sleep

Hi There. I have a twin room booked at the Canards Well Hotel for the show on Fri & Sat. The chap that I was sharing with has pulled out at the last minute, So there is a spare bed for anyone wanting to share with me. It is bed & breakfast and would cost £80 for the weekend. If anyone is interested in sharing please PM me......... Regards Mark.

Is it ok to bring a few parts to sell on the stand?

I've had a bit of a sort out and found some bits no longer needed, ie front headlight/clocks assembly for Z model, euro carbs,custom shocks, heatshields, passenger grab rail, rad shroud, custom rear light & indicators, zab side panels (blue) and few other bits n bobs, ta.

Edited by Guest

I'm looking forward to it.

I'll have the stand stuff including the tea making stuff so plan to be there Friday around lunchtime

I will need someone to take them on as the next usage will be at the National Rally and I'm travelling up on my bike.

Kipping in the car again I expect.

Dave , I'll have the old bus with me again for Shepton so will be able to take them off your hands. I think I'll be doing the same for the National ie trailer up the bike.

Pete, I dont want to speak out of turn ( thats a bloody first !) because its John call but I understand that we are invited to the show and dont pay anything for the pleasure because we show the bikes which brings in the punters. However, traders have to pay quite a lot and obviously hope to get that and more back over the two days. You can understand that they might get a bit p***d off if / when they see us with items for sale. I'm sure they turn a blind eye to club mugs and stickers etc but bits like you've mentioned might overstep that mark ?

Why not contact Mike of Maggots and More who I understand has a stall there as well. You might do as I did at Stafford ( when I put my 650 Eurosport for sale on his stand ) pay him an agreed commission if things sell ?

Marty

Hi Marty, yep point taken, didnt think about the "trader" thing

Hi all, if all goes to plan we are planning on getting to the show site late lunch time, are the any arrangements for the stand,? As last year I had my son's tripod stands ect, or is John bringing the full set up?

Mark, thats the usual set up. I'll "get my pole up" on the back of the motorhome so look for a Norwegian flag flapping away. It'll be in the same area roughly as last year.

BTW - there are nowadays a couple of caravans and M.H's in our group so perhaps we ought to have a club flag for the troops to surge towards ?

Marty

Brian, thanks for that offer again. We're in the process of gathering up what we need and locating stands etc. Please dont think we're not grateful but once we've agreed on the layout we'll get back to you about our needs.

Thanks again

p.s. Ive sent you a PM

Marty