Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Marty

2018 National Rally 18th, 19th & 20th May

As we all hunker down for a cold wet winter its good to be able shine a light into the future. The management team, with particularly help from John Mac have booked the Burnley Sports Club (same place as 3 years ago) for our 2018 National Rally. It will be the 18th , 19th and 20th of May. John, Sox and Pete G are the local boys who'll be taking care of details for us and are already planning some wonderful ride outs as well as a list of places to visit. We've started planning things early for 2018 which gives us much better opportunities to offer a full program.

As yet, we're still gathering the financial details and discussing what the charges will be but rest assured ticket prices will be kept to a minimum to encourage as many people to come as possible. So write this in your diaries in large letters and keep an eye on this page for further details.

Marty

In my diary too! Spoke to JUST JIM RIDES ON at the Stafford show and he’s already planning a ride-out. I’m waiting for Cathy the Caterer to get back to me with cost per head; that will allow the Senior Management team to announce the price of the Rally.

I'm looking forward to this one, it's a great site with some excellent riding right on the doorstep. If past years are anything to go by we will be made very welcome.

Really nice place with decent flat camping and facilities and good bar and food !

Roll on !

Eric.

I'm looking forward to this one, it's a great site with some excellent riding right on the doorstep. If past years are anything to go by we will be made very welcome.

and it is just round the corner See you there.

Hi All

Update on the pricing for the National. It has been decided by the Senior Managers and endorsed by the Rally Team that members and their guest will only be charged for the catering, all other rally expenses will be paid for from club funds.

Pricing: Full weekend Fri evening meal, Sat Sun breakfast and Sat evening meal = £25

Sat evening meal and Sun breakfast = £15

Sat evening meal = £10

Day visitors are welcome free of charge with access to the Tea room (a small donation would be appreciated to support this year’s chosen charity Merseyside & Cheshire Blood Bikes)

Marty is working hard to arrange for an after dinner speaker, in the hope that it will enhance the weekend and if successful, could become a regular feature of the National

Sox is also working hard on producing the Rally Booklet that will be available to view and download on the club forum.

Hopefully Dave French will have the link uploaded soon, where you can book on and pay for this year’s National.

If you’ve not been before please don’t be put off by the place name ‘Burnley’ as this location is nestled on the edge of Lancashire’s Trough/Forest of Bowland and the Yorkshire dales which are places of outstanding beauty.

The Belvedere Calder sports club are fantastic hosts and have no objections if you’d like to arrive on Thu and depart Monday. There is a local pub that does a reasonable priced breakfast for Fri/Mon morning.

The payment link works ok, just bought my ticket

Now I just need to make sure I get the time off work.

This is great news - we're up and running for the National with Dave having put another shilling in the meter to get the auto pay system working and of course to John Mac for his lip biting when things weren't happening as quickly as we all would have hoped.

The main thing is we're off the starting line and they'll be a small meeting I hope whilst we're at Shepton Mallet between John, Daniel, me and Dave French in firming up a timetable and events etc.

More details after that date ( early Feb).

Ding Ding - fares please.

Marty

Thats a great price - for 2-3 nights free camping, 2 dinners and 2 brekkies !!

Well done John !

The club usually provides a drink voucher to be used to get a drink for our toast to fallen members on the Sat evening after dinner too. I assume we'll still do this. - so extra value there !!

Eric.

Its good to see the National Rally tickets selling well. I 'll be putting in my request in Feb when the giro comes round again. Keep them coming folks - this ones going to be better than ever, trust me on that.

M

It is a pity it's always this weekend, It's the wife's birthday on 20th May so will never be able to attend.

Nice to see that things are getting going for the trip to" Gods Own County", hope to get there myself.

Better still Chris, give her the treat any careing partner could give the lady of his life on her birthday - a trip to "Gods own country" sleep in a small wet tent, drink lots of beer with your mates and talk about CX's all night long. I guarantee she'd show you her appreciation after that !!

Only had to mention there was a bike rally that weekend and got a look of disgust

Only had to mention there was a bike rally that weekend and got a look of disgust

If its any comfort chris your not by yourself there mate i have one just like her

They're only jealous that there is something in our lives we treat and nurture ( and spend money on ) than them. Totally unreasonable of course (on their part ).

Chris

I attended the last rally held at Burnley with my mate and his wife who do not camp.

There is a hotel within walking distance of the site and we had a great time.

The girls are going to America this year which clashes with the rally, and my mate has other biking commitments, so I will be camping.

victor

Well done Victor, I'll look forward to meeting up with you again after a long time.

M