Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Andy Geelan

Hondaline Crashbar fixing nuts.

I have been looking for some replacement nuts that came with Hondaline CX crashbars but cannot seem to find any reference to them. They fit to the lower front mountings and screw down into the crashbar and use the standard studs on the engine. Is there any suppliers if these nuts or does anybody have a couple of old ones that they will part with.

The alternative is longer studs but I would like to find a couple of nuts.

Thanks,

Andy.

I think I know the ones you mean

Aren't they a funny shape so they fit through the enlarged hole in the bars and grab more threads on the stud?

I'll have a look in my spare to see if I have any, but I'm not hopeful.

I've used Honda pn 90120-056-010 which was still available from CSML. Originally used by Honda in some smaller bike as exhaust stud or something like that, it has M10 fine pitch at the female end - fits the CX500 engine stud - and M8 at its own stud end. Worked fine to fit fairing(s) together with a longer bolt at the top to the cylinder head.

Image below with metric ruler for size

kuip_boutjes1.jpg

greets, Frans

If you still need some Andy, I could make a pair for a small fee to cover power usage - would need some high tensile Hex bar - or doner bolts with a larger head I could turn down. they would need zinc plating afterwards though.