Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

GRAHAM

IgniTech programming lead

Does anybody have a lead for programming the ignitech?

9 pin D to USB.

I'm after a diagram of the pinouts, or possibly a loan of a lead so that I can read it with a meter and make another one.

Can anybody help please?

ITs probably a null modem cable else a straight 9-9. You can get rs232 male and female ends from RS and then use a straight cat 5 ethernet cable or similar and make then up using a usb to rs232 adaptor.

I believe i did look at this once with mine and could limit max rpm....entertaining

ITs probably a null modem cable else a straight 9-9. You can get rs232 male and female ends from RS and then use a straight cat 5 ethernet cable or similar and make then up using a usb to rs232 adaptor.

I believe i did look at this once with mine and could limit max rpm....entertaining

This is the one I ordered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-serial-RS-232-converter-1-5m-USB-2-0-male-typeA-to-D-SUB-RS-232-male-9-pin/282538866782?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Saves faffing about with a soldering iron. Hope it works

Graham, you may find that you will have to find a suitable driver for the cable. The cable will contain a chip which will, most likely, be a Prolific type but not genuine. The latest drivers from Prolific will not work as they are set up to reject the copy chips. If you have trouble do a search and find one of the older Prolific drivers which should work. I have spent hours trying to find drivers that will work for cheap cables. I now use my cables on an old Windows XP machine, I have found it more reliable. Genuine Prolific cables are relatively expensive and rarely found on ebay I'm afraid. Good luck.

Ps. Let us know how it works out please, if it's any good I may order one myself

The type supplied by Ignitech are made by Premium Cord Type KU 232. I have an unused set still in the unopened box but since the bike runs so well in the "as received" condition I am reluctant to change anything. Ignitech charged 14euros delivered which was OK up until brexit but with an exchange rate of only 1.063 things are starting to become expensive.

Colin