Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

BrendanO

Non-CX: NTV Silencer

Hi folks! Need a silemcer (Motad, standard, anything!) please for my NTV650P, think Motad same for 600/650. Not fussed if it's a bit cosmetically challenged or lovely, but MOT up in 5 weeks and mine is getting a bit HD

Hope OK to post here, I know a few of us have gone NTV.

I have got an old Motad the Silencer looks in reasonable nick but the part that joins to the Downpipes is a bit mangled. You may be able to

repair it. It is yours if you want it.

Cheers, Lawrie, have emailed uou. My silencer also looks good except that bottom wee tube (now can see through it!). I have taken to apologising to my neighbours...

B

Well, after a lovely run thru Fife to meet Lawrie, Grace, and the dogs and have lunch in Carnoustie...I have his old Motad (and a spag bol made of chocolate from Fisher and Donaldson in Cupar...). All solid, except bit with clamp "peeled off" and other tube also mangled at end.

A happy morning of heating, bending, and chopping bits off with a grinder resulted in something usable! Fitted on with proper exhaust clamps at £4 each, and a crappy car one for £1.

Still a bit noisy, so after a few days, tried again- self-annealing heatproof tape (260c it says, looks like liquorice) wound over the joins, then alu pie tin wrapped round that. Clamps back on and it's gas-tight and silent!

Ran it 30 miles to see if it all melted, then today sailed it through MOT!

Thanks Lawrie again, £160 saved on buying a proper silencer!

TxtUsd

Edit: struggling to put Flikr photos on here Motad NTV Repair gas-tight