• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX-GL Honda MCC

I Used To Have One Of Those

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neil W

water impeller

Hi Guys, my first post for parts. I am scratch building an engine based around an '82 cx500b engine that I was told blew up while being tested. One of the two cam sprocket bolts came undone, the other sheared, leaving the sprocket flailing around inside the top of the timing chest.I have stripped it right down, checked, replaced bits needed and power washed the ally filings out of everything and changed the oil pump. Now back together nicely, there was evidently a bunch of money spent on all moving parts from end shells, rings,timing chain and guides,oil pump chain, etc. What it didn't come with was the rear engine cover, stator, drive pinion and drive shaft inner, all these things I have from old spare stock. In my ignorance I fitted a water impeller (from a box of bits) that on assembly seemed to keep the water pump housing about 5mm off the back of the case. Thanks to the 'net I find I have one off a cx650, 12mm deep instead of 7 mm deep. Thats the 5mm that pump case was off the back. !!?? Can anyone help with a half decent water impeller to suite the 500? I will willingly swap the 650 one for it or happy to pay what you are looking for it. This is my third rebuild (two from complete bikes, this one to suit a rolling chassis that I have acquired) and now looking to build some more, with the knowledge recently attained,since my retirement. Hope someone can assist. Thanks.

Thanks, that would be very useful. Would you want the larger one in return? or happy to pay what you want for it, just dont want anyone out of pocket.

Neil

Thanks, that would be very useful. Would you want the larger one in return? or happy to pay what you want for it, just dont want anyone out of pocket.

Neil

Sent you a pm yesterday evening Neil.

Been in touch with Chilliphil, thanks very much.

Looks like he's been to the rescue of a few wayward situations in the past.

Glad I joined and have come across some real gents already.

Been buying a few club shop bits also, important to support where poss.

The mech seal is a great deal. 70 euros from cmsnl, £30+ from DSilver or a tenner from the club!!

Total no brainer.

I would like some information on building a test rig, so that any rebuilds I complete

can be run up for half an hour, video'ed running and supplied with the engine.

I estimate it takes around £300 in parts and about 30 hours to recon a fairly duff engine.

Extra hours will be needed to cosmetically go further than just a de-grease and power-wash

the cases etc. Anyones thoughts on this subject or future rebuilds.

Thanks for reading.

I think we're sorted re the impeller, Neil. Let me know if you need a new stator - there is a guy in Devon who will rewind your old one for half the price of a new one. I, and others, have used him and he is highly recommended. I had this contact from a late member of this club and am more than happy to pass it on.

Many thanks again for the stator info. Will log this for deffo future reference.

Neil